For the contributions of Medical Doctor Velasco to the dissemination of knowledge in the field of cardiovascular medicine and hypertension, and his tireless commitment to education and to honor his contributions as a medical educator, scientist and professional leader, we have created the “Manuel Velasco IASH Scholarship”, which will be awarded every two years by the IASH to a Venezuelan doctor who meets the following criteria:
1) Is a graduate of a Medical School in Venezuela for no more than 7 years since receiving his/her medical degree.
2) Has demonstrated the capacity and interest to pursue an academic career through his/her present performance of professional activities in an Academic Department from a nationally recognized Medical University in Venezuela.
3) Is endorsed by the Department Chair or appropriate local University authority to the fulfillment of the research plan presented by the applicant.
4) The Scholarship will be awarded to a medical doctor who is a graduate of a medical university in Venezuela and has been successful in developing a competitive two-year research plan that will prepare the candidate for a successful academic career in Venezuela in either clinical or basic science. The awardee will be selected by an independent board of IASH members.
5) Prospective applicants, please download the required forms for competing for the 2022 MANUEL VELASCO IASH SCHOLARSHIP here.
Deadline for the receipt of the completed application and research forms: March 1, 2022. Forms submitted beyond this date will not be accepted.
The successful awardee will be notified no later than April 1, 2022.
A) Stipend award to be a 2-year stipend of $5,000.00 US dollars to be distributed in two annual stipends of $2,500.00.
b) Second year award based on evidence of satisfactory progress of his/her approved research plan.
c) At the completion of the two-year award, the successful applicant will be encouraged to present his/her research accomplishments at a national or international level.
1) Download the Application form in PDF format by clicking on the "Download Application" button.
2) Once the form is completed, in the PDF click on "Save as" with the name of the document you want.
3) The form can be edited as many times as you like. To do this, repeat the procedure of opening PDF, Edit, Save As, and Rename the
4) Send the form to the email of Carlos M Ferrario, MD email@example.com no later than March 1, 2022.
APPLICATIONS DATED OR RECEIVED AFTER MIDNIGHT OF MARCH 1, 2022 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR COMPETITION.
The IASH is committed to provide funds to cover this scholarship for the next two-years. Continuation of this fellowship will require the support of all those who want to continue to honor Dr. Velasco’s commitment to education and the betterment of learning opportunities for Venezuelan’s physicians. The arduous financial conditions in Venezuela impose severe restrictions to enhancing the educational and medical skills of young medical graduates. You can make a difference!
• Contributions to the MANUEL VELASCO IASH SCHOLARSHIP are tax-deductible; any amount equal to or greater than $50.00 US dollars will be much appreciated.
• Contributors to the MANUEL VELASCO IASH SCHOLARSHIP FUND will be recognized in a special page of the IASH website and provided with a certificate of appreciation.
For more information contact us by click here .
To make a donation click on the button "Donate"